You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
this directory of the source version KTurtle contains two scripts that will make translating of KTurtle to other langauges much easier.
When translating KTurtle more than just the usual 'documantation and strings' have to be translated, namely:
- the examples (which are *.logo files),
- the logokeyword.*.xml files, and
- the logohighlightstyle.*.xml files.
These files are called data files, and their English originals can be found in tdeedu/kturtle/data.
For more information on these files and their translation read:
In this directory you find Rafael Beccar's nifty tranlaton perl scripts that can make translating KTurtle human resourcefriendly.
This is how these scripts work:
But only logokeywords.YOURLANGCODE.xml needs to be under current directory..
If everything is working fine the general process is something like:
1. MANUALLY TRANSLATE THE KEYWORD
Copy the logokeywords.en_US.xml file (from tdeedu/kturtle/data) to the kturtle directory in your branch of the tde-i18n module (for Dutch this would be: tde-i18n/nl/data/tdeedu/kturtle). Translate the file, and change the name to:
2. AUTOMAGICALLY GENERATE THE HIGHLIGHTSTYLE FOR YOUR LANGUAGE
- Copy logokeywords.YOURLANGCODE.xml to tdeedu/kturtle/scripts
- change directory to tdeedu/kturtle/sripts, and run:
- Now you have a translated logohighlightstyle.YOURLANGCODE.xml under current directory (tdeedu/kturtle/scripts)
3. AUTOMAGICALLY GENERATE NEARLY FINISHED TRANSLATIONS OF THE EXAMPLES
- change directory to tdeedu/kturtle/scripts, and run:
- the translated examples can then be found in current directory. Some manual adjusments are
needed, namely: the sings in the code and the comments
4. LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! CHECK IF EVERYTHING WORKS
- move all the generated files to the kturtle directory in your branch of the tde-i18n module
- check if it installs correctly
- check if the fresh logo examples in your language run when KTurtle is set to your language (see the Settings)
Please report BUGs when it doesnt work (bugs.trinitydesktop.org)!
Thanks for the efford, we love you!