In this file:
* What it is
* Common Mistakes
* More Info
What it is
* ark: manager for compressed files and archives
* kcalc: scientific calculator
* kcharselect: select special characters from any fonts and put them into
* charselectapplet: dito, but as a Kicker applet
* tdepasswd: like 'passwd', a graphical password changer - moved to tdebase
* tdessh: front end to ssh
* kdf: like 'df', a graphical free disk space viewer
* kedit: a simple text editor, without formatting like bold, italics etc
* kfloppy: format a floppy disks with this app
* khexedit: binary file editor
* kjots: manages several "books" with a subject and notes
* klaptopdaemon: battery and power management, including KControl plugins
* kregexpeditor: graphical regular expression editor
* ktimer: execute programs after some time
* TDEFileReplace: powerful search and replace in multiple files
If configure claims Qt cannot be found, have a look at http://www.trolltech.com
to get latest copy of Qt 3.3.x version. If you have peeked there already,
grab the CVS module qt-copy from anoncvs.kde.org, or a snapshot thereof.
You can use --enable-debug with the configure script, if you want to have
debug code in your KDE apps and libs. I recommend to do this, since this
is alpha software and this makes debugging things a whole lot easier.
Have a look at the individual subdirectories, if you want to know, what
versions of apps are included.
Please direct any bug reports to our bug list by visiting
General KDE discussions should go to the KDE mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org).